Vincent Ducrot to be new CEO of SBB.
Press release, 10.12.2019
The SBB Board of Directors has appointed 57-year-old Vincent Ducrot from Fribourg as the CEO of SBB. The current president of Transports publics fribourgeois (TPF) will assume the position at the beginning of April 2020, succeeding Andreas Meyer, who is stepping down at the end of March. Ducrot knows Switzerland’s public transport sector very well. He previously worked for SBB from 1993 to 2011, spending ten of these years as Head of Long-Distance Services.
«Vincent Ducrot knows the integrated railway system inside out and is extremely well connected in the public transport sector, in politics and with social partners,» said Monika Ribar, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors, in front of the media. In a period of strong growth in transport and a lot of of construction work, SBB’s focus is on «stabilising and improving its core business, but also pursuing a careful policy of further development. Vincent Ducrot is the ideal person for the challenges ahead.»
The SBB CEO-elect underlined how important dialogue with employees, customers, buyers and social partners is to him. When operating a railway, quality is essential: «Safety, punctuality and cleanliness are my top priorities,» indicated Ducrot. «This also includes providing good customer information for passengers, particularly in the event of disruption to services.» He is pleased to be returning to SBB.
Vincent Ducrot has successfully been managing TPF for eight years and has been the Vice President of the Public Transport Union since 2017. He will take up his position as CEO of SBB on 1 April 2020. The current CEO, Andreas Meyer, will step down at the end of March. The Board of Directors would like to thank him for his outstanding efforts at SBB.
SBB CEO-elect Vincent Ducrot’s main positions.
- Since July 2011: President of Transports publics fribourgeois (TPF)
- 1999 to 2011: SBB, Head of Long-Distance Services
- 2009 to 2010: SBB, Temporary Head of Passenger Division
- 1997 to 1998: SBB, Expo.02 delegate
- 1993 to 1997: SBB Information Technology, Head of Product Software
- Graduate in electrical engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL Lausanne
- Post-graduate diploma in industrial management, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich
- Certified Projects Director IPMA Level A