Centre Loewenberg: open day on 3 and 4 September 2022.
The recently renovated Centre Loewenberg in Murten is an iconic location for events of any kind. It will soon be opening its doors to guests for two days to celebrate 175 Years of Swiss Rail.
3 and 4 September 2022, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A varied programme awaits you throughout the grounds of Centre Loewenberg. Experts will present insights into technical railway training and the training infrastructure available on site with its facilities and models. As part of a personal tour, you’ll be amazed by the architectural ensemble of buildings from the 17th century (the manor) as well as modern times (buildings by the architect Fritz Haller). Enjoy the other aspects of the programme and be inspired by the countless possibilities of the recently renovated Centre Loewenberg event and seminar hotel.
Tour of the technical rail facilities.
Ever wanted to know how contact lines, points, barriers and signal boxes work? Find out first-hand in the training facility that turns our new trainees into consummate professionals.
- 9.15 a.m. to 10 a.m., French, prior registration, max. 12 people
- 11:15 a.m. to 12 noon, German, prior registration, max. 12 people
- 1 p.m. to 1.45 p.m., German, prior registration, max. 12 people
- 3 p.m. to 3.45 p.m., French, prior registration, max. 12 people
Tour of the manor.
Ever wanted to take a look behind the walls of a historic manor? Discover our listed manor house and find out how this architectural jewel is used in many diverse ways today.
- 10.15 a.m. to 11 a.m., German, prior registration, max. 12 people
- 1 p.m. to 1.45 p.m., French, prior registration, max. 12 people
- 3 p.m. to 3.45 p.m., German, prior registration, max. 12 people
Tour of the Haller buildings.
Have you heard of USM Haller furniture? We’ll show you some other architectural masterpieces from the very same architect – Fritz Haller. Find out how SBB training and events are turned into reality and how our guests can dine and stay overnight.
- 9.15 a.m. to 10 a.m., German, prior registration, max. 12 people
- 11.15 a.m. to 12 noon, French, prior registration, max. 12 people
- 2 p.m. to 2.45 p.m., German, prior registration, max. 12 people
Given the limited number of people permitted on each tour, please register in advance to book onto a tour. The registration option will be available here before the summer holidays.
Registration for a tour of the Manoir CastleLink opens in new window. (guided tour in German or French)
Registration for a tour of the technical railway facilities at the Centre LoewenbergLink opens in new window. (guided tour in German or French)
Registration for a tour of the Haller buildingsLink opens in new window. (guided tour in German or French)
Supporting programme without prior registration.
We’ll demonstrate all the diverse ways that the Centre Loewenberg site can be used:
- A childhood dream come alive: operate the mechanical interlockings and switch the lights to green on our miniature model railway.
- Music: enjoy our diverse programme of music.
- Meeting areas: get to know other guests through fun and games or relax in the lounge or in the other cosy common areas.
- Culinary programme: the catering business SV-Services will provide a variety of culinary delights.
- Löwenbar: let yourself be enchanted in a healthy way.
- Give feedback: give creative feedback and ideas about our services.
Ever wanted to know what it’s like inside the round towers? Book a single or double room and stay overnight at the Centre Loewenberg.Request a reservation here
- Languages: German and French
- Suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs (except for the manor)
- No age restrictions
- Get there by public transport: Muntelier-Löwenberg stop. Be aware: this stop must be requested. Approx. 5 minutes on foot.
- Get there by car: there is a large car park. Parking charges apply. Approx. 5 minutes on foot.
- Tours: free
- Food and drink: purchased directly on site
P.O. Box 48/Löwenberg 45B