History of the S25.
- 25.06.2003: The cantonal parliament approves a plan for the GlarnerSprinter to travel every 120 minutes between Glarnerland and Zurich’s main station.
- 11.12.2004: Glarus throws a big party to give the GlarnerSprinter a festive welcome. President of the Swiss Confederation Joseph Deiss and SBB CEO Benedikt Weibel arrive on the GlarnerSprinter’s first celebratory run to the Glarnerland.
- 12.12.2004: The GlarnerSprinter travels daily between Zurich’s main station and Schwanden(–Linthal BrB).
- 14.06.2009: The GlarnerSprinter is outfitted with new rolling stock, making use of two modern NPZ Domino push-pull trains.
- 04.05.2013–14.06.2014: The GlarnerSprinter gets a library carriage in which monthly readings will take place.
- 15.06.2014: The GlarnerSprinter is replaced by the new S25 and its double-deck trains now run every hour between Linthal and Zurich on the Zurich S-Bahn.