News and rail expertise.
You can find the latest news on disruptions and helpful information on rail travel in Switzerland and abroad here.
Information on construction work, as well as notices on service disruptions, strikes and suspensions of service.Operations and disruptions Link opens in new window.
Railway Champion Quiz 2021.
Deepen your railway knowledge and win great prizes: In each -Retailer newsletter we present a railway topic and challenge you to test your knowledge in a quiz. If you answer all the questions correctly, you have a chance of winning the instant prize: an SBB e-voucher worth CHF 50. At the end of the year you have the chance to win one of the four main prizes.
- A return journey from Zurich to Munich in 1st class for two people
- A return journey from Zurich to Amsterdam on the night train (double compartment) for two people
- A return journey from Zurich to Bologna in 1st class for two people
- A day trip on the Gotthard Panorama Express from your place of residence in 1st class for two people
Below are all the links to the quizzes (will be added on an ongoing basis):
Conditions railway quiz
Advantages of travelling by rail.
Rail travel has a number of advantages for your customers:
- Eco-friendly travel.
- Departure and arrival in the center of town.
- Time can be used actively to work or relax while travelling.
- You can use services like the free WiFi, the on-board restaurant, children’s area and quiet zones.
- No limit on luggage. Customers keep their luggage with them.
- Travel flexibly with regular services and flexible tickets.
Discover the environmental advantages of travelling by train.
Taking the train results in a 75% saving in energy, and 95% in CO2 emissions. You can see how much CO2 you save by travelling by train when carrying out a timetable query for the desired route. Open the detailed view of the desired connection and see the comparison between different means of transport: “Train” “Car” and “Airplane”.To timetable enquiries Link opens in new window.