The Gotthard North-South Corridor Project Organisation.
SBB’s Gotthard North-South Corridor Project Organisation (PONS) is responsible for the timely opening of the Gotthard and Ceneri Base Tunnels.
PONS is an SBB Group project consisting of ten interdivisional subprojects.
The project organisation manages, plans and supervises all projects and measures regarding the two tunnels. Its most important tasks include:
- developing customer-friendly train service and timetable concepts for the base tunnels;
- projecting and realising the upgrades of the access routes between Basel and Chiasso, including the 4-metre corridor;
- training approx. 3900 persons for work in and around the base tunnels;
- commissioning the base tunnels in collaboration with AlpTransit Gotthard AG (ATG);
- building the new maintenance and intervention centres;
- creating the organisation for operations, intervention and maintenance, and procuring the necessary vehicles; and
- securing traction power supplies in the base tunnels.