FDRI: the infrastructure projects.
Over 100 infrastructure projects across Switzerland will be implemented under the aegis of FDRI.
Over 100 infrastructure projects across Switzerland will be implemented under the aegis of FDRI. The following projects are key to eliminating the most important bottlenecks:
- Modifying the Lausanne railway junction and double-tracking the Lausanne–Renens line (including flying junction)
- Double-tracking the Olten–Aarau line (Eppenberg Tunnel)
- Increased efficiency on the Zurich–Winterthur–St. Gallen line
- Double-tracking the Liestal line
- Lines serving the Gotthard and Ceneri Base Tunnels (including double track at Walchwil)
- Construction of a grade-separated junction in Wylerfeld and Gürbetal and Bern-Thun connecting lines
Based on the current funding situation (FinPT fund), SBB is expecting to be able to put the projects into service between 2014 and around 2025.