FDRI: the service improvements.
Planned projects as per revised FDRI.
By around 2025, the over 100 projects included in FDRI will have laid the groundwork for:
- using 400-metre double-decker trains on the west-east axis
- offering more long-distance services
- eliminating capacity bottlenecks on the lines serving the NRLA tunnels at Gotthard and Ceneri (north-south axis)
- a more stable timetable
- punctual services despite increased rail traffic
- a more secure energy supply in the SBB power grid