Construction work at La Plaine rail station.
We are revitalising the La Plaine rail station in order to provide you with more comfortable and convenient facilities, with easier access to trains and more seats on longer trains.
We would like to warn you, as a resident affected by this construction work, about occasional disruptions by giving you regular updates. You can read our calendar and our news updates to find out about upcoming work.
- 2012 – preliminary studies
- 2018 – planning permission
- 2018 – start of construction
- 2019 – opening of La Plaine, Russin and Satigny stations
- 2020 – opening of Zimeysa and Meyrin stations
- 2021 – opening of Vernier station
Engineering work updates.
We are currently carrying out the following work:
Modernisation work at La Plaine station is nearing its end. The final activities involve standardising the tracks to match the newly built platform.
La Plaine rail station