Construction work at Meyrin station.
We are revitalising the Meyrin rail station in order to provide you with more comfortable and convenient facilities, with easier access to trains and more seats on longer trains.
A new underpass dedicated to human-powered mobility is also being built.All about the project
We would like to warn you, as a resident affected by this construction work, about occasional disruptions by giving you regular updates. You can read our calendar and our news updates to find out about upcoming work.
- 2012 – preliminary studies
- 2018 – start of construction
- December 2019 – opening of La Plaine, Russin and Satigny stations
- Autumn 2020 – opening of Zimeysa railway station
- Summer 2022 - Commissioning of the Meyrin railway station
- 2023 – opening of Vernier station
Engineering work updates.
The current construction work involves the creation of a new underpass, which will be completed by the end of 2020. This infrastructure will allow pedestrians and cyclists to cross under the railway tracks. Following a re-planned schedule, work on the new platforms will start at the beginning of 2021.
September 2020 to January 2021