Renens: construction work at the rail station.
Over the coming years, Renens station is set to be given a complete facelift.
This is so that we can give you a space with better access for passengers with impaired mobility and families with pushchairs, as well as improve the public transport interlinks for connections between SBB, TL, M1 and the planned T1 tram line from Lausanne to Flon.All about the project
We would like to warn you, as a resident affected by this construction work, about occasional disruptions by giving you regular updates. You can read our calendar and our news updates to find out about upcoming work.
- 2015 – start of construction
- 2017 – opening of the new underpass
- 2018 – new M1 platform in 2019 – completion of platform 3 standardisation
- 2020 – completion of platforms 1 and 2 standardisation
- December 2020 – opening of the station
- 2022 – SBB station building renovated (SBB Real Estate)
- 202x – Opening of platform 4 in use by the tram (awaiting the works schedule applicable to the TL tram project)
Engineering work updates.
We are currently carrying out the following work:
Renens station, platform 1 and underpass
An important milestone for customers was reached in autumn 2020 at Renens station: all the platforms have been extended to accomodate for longer trains. They have also been raised to facilitate access to the trains for people with reduced mobility and people with pushchairs. The station is now more welcoming, has brighter lighting and is accessible to all thanks to new ramps.
The final stages of work will take place in 2021, notably putting the finishing touches on the canopy on platform 1 and installing new lighting in the underpass.