The requirements are not met.
Task 1: Activate your memories.
Try to remember a situation in which you came into contact with flexible working models. For example:
- Do you have any colleagues who occasionally work from home or have requested to do so?
- How do they record their time? If you have block times when you have to be present, have you ever known these block times to be changed?
- In your team, have you ever discussed your expectations of each other regarding presence, availability or independence?
Please make a note of your recollections in the input field.
Task 2: Explain why you want to be more flexible.
Now it is time to be brave and ask for more flexibility. Your first port of call is probably your superior or a member of the HR department. We will help you to prepare for the meeting so you can represent your point of view with confidence.
Answer the following questions and enter your answers in the input field.
- Why do you have the need to avoid peak times? (Examples: to reduce stress in your daily life, to work more easily during your commute, to travel in an environmentally friendly way or to improve your work-life balance.)
- What would you like to try as a first step? (Example: leave the office at 3 p.m. once a week and continue working during your commute home.)
- What would you need to accomplish this? (Examples: access to the company network from home or while travelling, a business mobile.)
- How can you enable transparency and regular communication? (Examples: enter your location and availability in the calendar, record and present your progress or completed tasks on a regular basis.)
Congratulations – you have now completed your coaching. We hope that your company too will enable flexible working in the future. This cultural shift will take time. Pioneers of the new commuting lifestyle such as yourself will have a decisive impact on the sustainability of our mobility.
As soon as you have the means to begin smart commuting, we can provide you with further support. To this end, please complete Module 2 for novices.