Rail Traffic Controller: Show Switzerland the way.
As a member of our team of approximately 1100 rail traffic controllers working in four SBB train-control centres, you help make sure that 9000 passenger trains and 2000 freight trains reach their destinations safely and on time every day. Your ability to maintain an overview of the situation and react quickly to any problems that might occur ensures that passengers travelling on the busiest rail network in Europe always feel comfortable and satisfied.
Rail Traffic Controller and Team Leader Production, passionate about motorbikes and good food.
At the centre of the network.
As a rail traffic controller, you play a key role in ensuring the smooth operation of the rail system, and you also have a major influence on customer satisfaction. You will maintain an overview of the network allocated to you and control the trains travelling on this network in an environmentally-friendly way. If disruption occurs, you react quickly with a focus on safety to do what’s necessary to switch back to the standard timetable.
Here, you are at the centre of an extensive network: You communicate with your team colleagues, engine drivers and control centre staff. You provide information to customers in a clear and competent manner, and thanks to you, people and freight always arrive safely and on time, no matter what hour of the day or night.
Starting your career.
Several training courses begin annually in the four train-control centres in Olten, Zurich airport, Lausanne and Pollegio.
- 01.02.2023 Muttenz and Olten (German) – Apply nowLink opens in new window.
- 01.03.2023 Lausanne (French) – Apply nowLink opens in new window.
- 01.06.2023 Olten (German) – Apply nowLink opens in new window.
- 01.06.2023 Zurich Airport (German) – Apply nowLink opens in new window.
- 01.07.2023 Losanna (French)
- 01.09.2023 Pollegio (Italian)
- 01.10.2023 Olten (German)
- 01.10.2023 Zurich Airport (German)
- 01.11.2023 Lausanne (French)