Senior Application Engineer, family man and sports enthusiast.
Application Engineer: Help us develop further and ensure your personal growth.
As part of self-organised teams with responsibility for results, you analyse, develop and run applications such as the main SBB Mobile app or Switzerland’s largest geoinformation application, as well as complex data hubs, rail services software, optimisation algorithms and highly parallel, time-critical control software. You use the latest state-of-the-art technology, tools and methods to implement SBB’s technical and operational requirements via IT solutions. IT buzzwords such as agility, digitalisation, the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and big data will become an everyday reality, which you will actively exploit and fill with useful content.
Application Engineer specialising in integration, discovering the world by learning languages.
Development and responsibility.
As an application engineer at SBB, you enjoy a high degree of personal responsibility as well as the ideal conditions for furthering your own development.
- We follow a self-organised and agile approach, working closely with railway specialists.
- We make use of the latest technology, tools and methods and continuously hone our skills in applying them (Google, Oracle and SAP get tips from us).
- We tackle a range of tasks and challenges which is unique in Switzerland.
- Our applications are highly integrated and place specific demands on us in terms of application and business architecture.
- We can easily switch from one project to another and take on challenges that suit our personal strengths.